Mining and Industrial Fabrication in Western Canada
IWL has continuously worked within the Saskatchewan mining and heavy industrial sector for the past sixty years. Through our qualified subtrades, we are able to provide various surface preparations such as sandblasting, epoxy paint, tile lining, galvanizing and powder coating.
We have years of experience working with various material grades and alloys including carbon steel, stainless steel, T21, Inconel, AR400, QT400 and chromium carbide overlay plate. Heat numbers and material test reports are available for all material, resulting in traceability for quality management purposes. IWL maintains CWB certified weld procedures for GMAW, FCAW and MCAW.
In conjunction with our sister company, RobWel Constructors, we are able to offer site installation services for all types of mining and industrial projects. RobWel has fully trained and equipped field crews for all types of site work including installation, maintenance, shutdowns, equipment setting and assembly.
RobWel's professional accreditation includes:
- Canadian Welding Bureau certified to CSA Standard W47.1 - Division 2
- Pressure vessel certified under ASME Sec 1 – TSASK (Saskatchewan), ABSA (Alberta) and ITSM (Manitoba)
We pride ourselves on the quality and complexity of our platework abilities. Supplied items include:
- Pipe spools
- Mechanical chutework
- Material gates & splitter gates
- Conveyor galleries & pipe racks
- Potash grizzlies
- Bucket elevator casings
- Belt conveyors & cross conveyors
- Pump Boxes
The largest project completed to date by IWL Steel Fabricators is the Conveyor Gallery segments for the Agrium Vault Project at Vanscoy, SK. IWL acted as general contractor on this project and was responsible for supervising, scheduling and co-ordinating various subtrades to meet the critical timelines required by the customer.
The largest segment was 117 feet long x 16 feet wide x 14 feet high. This piece was shop fabricated, assembled, sandblasted and painted, and shipped to site as one complete unit.
Project scope of work included:
- Fabrication, assembly and welding of gallery framework
- Fabricate and shop install hangers, idler pulleys, stairs and handrails in gallery interior
- Subcontractors included electrical, mechanical, cladding, sandblasting and painting
Mining and Industrial Photo Gallery
View images of our mining and industrial fabrication work.