Profile of IWL Steel
IWL Steel Fabricators (formerly Industrial Welding), was founded in the 1950s. In 2012, IWL was purchased by the Clearwater River Dene Nation, and is 100% First Nation-owned.
IWL Steel Fabricators continues to focus on industrial, commercial and institutional projects of all sizes. Specializing in the potash, uranium and gold mining sectors, IWL is also active in the energy industry and the construction of hospitals, schools, condominium projects and commercial retail developments.
Through expertise, experience and extensive industry knowledge; IWL is proud to provide our customers with premium value and a superior product to meet their unique project needs.
Our qualified, experienced team of employees includes:
- 4 professional engineers
- Cad/Cam technologists
- 2 International Welding Specialists
- Level 1 CWB Welding Inspector with mag particle certification
- CWB-certified Welding Supervisors
- Numerous journeymen steel fabricators and apprentices, CWB tested and certified
Professional accreditation includes:
- Canadian Welding Bureau certified to CSA Standard 47.1 - Division 2
- Canadian Institute of Steel Construction Quality Systems certified for Steel Structures (annual third party-audited system)